Monhegan Legacy Creative Painting

Sunday, October 24, 2010




0"x24" titled "Legacy". This piece along with a couple others are the result of taking some of my plein air pieces and living with them for a while, digesting whats going on. Hopefully learning from it then cleaning up the composition with a studio piece.

I am seeing the benefits of this practice in my plein air regularly but in a different way then you might think. Instead of seeing problems before they happen I think I am noticing them quicker as they are arising and starting fresh on a new piece, with the composition change on the front of my mind. The 30x40 "Fishermans Memorial" from a couple posts ago is an example of this practice that I am particularly proud of. I would love to hear your thoughts. Is this something you practice or would consider trying? Thanks for stopping by. Dan

Quote "It's all in how you arrange the thing... the careful balance of the design is the motion." (Andrew Wyeth)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...